2019 STIHL MS 462 C-M
Call for Price
Lightweight, professional chainsaw featuring the STIHL M-Tronic™ engine management system
Meet your ideal business partner, the STIHL MS 462 C-M chainsaw. The STIHL MS 462 C-M was specially engineered for the pro user who desires more power with less weight and thus less user fatigue from their chainsaw in daily forestry work. At just 13 pounds, the MS 462 C-M is the lightest-ever STIHL chainsaw produced in its fuel-powered class. It features an excellent power-to-weight ratio for added maneuverability tested by professionals in the field. The next generation STIHL M-Tronic™ engine management system electronically controls ignition timing and fuel metering. Conveniently, the saw auto-adjusts for changes in its operating environment, such as changes in altitude and fuel quality, for optimal performance. The anti-vibration system is designed for good handling when the MS 462 C-M is equipped with longer guide bars while still reducing vibration which equals less fatigue for the user.
- Adjustable Automatic Oiler: The Adjustable Automatic Oiler allows the user to adjust the lubricant of the guide bar and saw chain for different bar lengths and cutting conditions.
- Anti-Vibration System: STIHL has developed a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- STIHL ElastoStart™: The ElastoStart™ starter handle is an exclusive feature of STIHL. It is a starting grip with a built-in shock absorber that helps reduce the effort when pulling on the starter cord. The ElastoStart™ starter grip noticeably reduces the sudden peak forces (compression) normally felt during cranking. The forces which occur at the grip after the first compression stroke are smoothed out.
- STIHL M-Tronic™: This product features M-Tronic™ (M) - a new generation of Intelligent Engine Management that eliminates the low and high speed carburetor adjustment screws, compensates for dirty air filter and changes in elevation and fuel quality for optimum engine power at all times.
- Pre-Separation Air Filtration System: This time-saving technology boosts the efficiency of the engine's filter system, doubling the time between air filter cleanings. Air drawn into the engine is first separated via centrifugal force, ejecting the heavier dirt particles before being routed to the air filter. This pre-separation means less dirt to be captured by the air filter, resulting in less frequent cleaning and maintenance.
- Toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers Simply lift the lever and twist the caps to remove or tighten. There‘s no need to use a tool to tighten or loosen.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- STIHL Quickstop®: STIHL chainsaws are equipped with a chain stopping system designed to reduce the risk of injury in certain kickback situations. It is called a STIHL Quickstop® chain brake. The STIHL Quickstop® chain brake is designed to stop the rotation of the chain if activated by the operator's hand or by inertia if the saw kicks back with sufficient force. In some working positions, the STIHL Quickstop® chain brake can be activated by inertia, stopping the chain within fractions of a second.
- Ematic™ Lubrication System: The Ematic™ guide bar, when used with STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain, will provide proper lubrication and less oil consumption than conventional methods. The system works because two ramps, strategically placed in the guide bar rail, help contain the flow of oil and direct all lubrication to the sliding faces of the bar and chain links as well as the rivets and driver holes, which in turn can reduce bar oil consumption up to 50%.
- Master Control Lever™: The Master Control Lever™ is an easy to use single lever, operating the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch. The operator must pull the throttle trigger before moving the Master Control Lever™ to the choke position.
- Decompression Valve: The decompression valve, also referred to as 'deco' or 'deco valve', vents compression in the cylinder for easier starting. The decompression valve temporarily reduces the compression in the combustion chamber during cranking and helps reduce the effort needed to pull the starter rope. It is opened manually and closes automatically as soon as the engine fires.
- Displacement: 72.2 cc (4.41 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 4.4 kW (6.0 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 6.0 kg (13.0 Ibs.)
- Fuel Capacity: 720 cc (24.35 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 340 cc (11.5 oz.)
- Guide Bar Lengths (Recommended Ranges): 40 to 70 cm (16" to 28")STIHL OILOMATIC® Saw Chain
- Power Source: Gas
- 4.41 cu. in. (72.2 cc)
- Horse Power
- 6.0 bhp (4.4 kW)
- 13.0 lb. (6.0 kg)
- Bar Length Options
- 16 in. to 28 in. (40 to 70 cm)