2017 STIHL MS 461 R
Call for Price
Fuel efficient and low maintenance, now with a wrap-around handle (R).
The STIHL MS 461 R chainsaw was made for tough cutting jobs and long workdays. This professional-grade saw is up to 20% more fuel-efficient than the MS 460 STIHL MAGNUM®, but delivers every ounce of the power. Its (R) designation indicates that this saw features a wrap-around handle. The wrap handle allows the chainsaw to be used in multiple positions for felling or limbing with hands in the proper positions. The MS 461 R also features our heavy-duty HD-2 filter technology for longer run times between air filter maintenance.
- Wrap Handle (R): Saw can be used in multiple positions for felling or limbing with hands in the proper positions.
- Adjustable Automatic Oiler: The Adjustable Automatic Oiler allows the user to adjust the lubricant of the guide bar and saw chain for different bar lengths and cutting conditions.
- STIHL ElastoStart™: The ElastoStart™ starter handle is an exclusive feature of STIHL. It is a starting grip with a built-in shock absorber that helps reduce the effort when pulling on the starter cord. The ElastoStart™ starter grip noticeably reduces the sudden peak forces (compression) normally felt during cranking. The forces which occur at the grip after the first compression stroke are smoothed out.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor: The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor is designed to automatically adjust the air/fuel ratio when the air filter becomes restricted or partially clogged and maintains the engine’s correct RPM. IntelliCarb™ uses air from the clean side of the air filter to control the diaphragm and flow of fuel. As the air filter becomes dirty and less air is available for the carburetor, the IntelliCarb™ system adjusts the fuel flow to compensate for the decrease in air flow. This is in contrast to typical carburetors that utilize this air from the “dirty” side of the air box.
- Side-Access Chain Tensioner: The side-access chain tensioner makes it much more convenient for the user to adjust the saw chain with a bar wrench as opposed to the typical location of the guide bar adjustment screw.
- Toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers: Simply lift the lever and twist the caps to remove or tighten. There‘s no need to use a tool to tighten or loosen.
- Decompression Valve: The decompression valve, also referred to as 'deco' or 'deco valve', vents compression in the cylinder for easier starting. The decompression valve temporarily reduces the compression in the combustion chamber during cranking and helps reduce the effort needed to pull the starter rope. It is opened manually and closes automatically as soon as the engine fires.
- Displacement: 76.5 cc (4.7 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 4.5 kW (6.0 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 7.1 kg (15.72 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 800 cc (27.1 oz.)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 325 cc (11.0 oz.)
- OILOMATIC® Chain: 33 RS3
- Guide Bar Lengths* (Recommended Ranges): 40 to 80 cm (16 in. to 32 in.) STIHL ROLLOMATIC® E Super
- Power Source: Gas
- 4.7 cu. in. (76.5 cc)
- Horse Power
- 6.0 bhp (4.5 kW)
- 15.72 lb. (7.1 kg)
- Bar Length Options
- 16 in. to 32 in. (40 to 80 cm)