2017 STIHL MS 261 C-MQ
Call for Price
The same great MS 261, but with advanced STIHL M-Tronic™ and STIHL Quickstop® Plus technologies.
The MS 261 C-MQ has all the same great features as the MS 261 – low exhaust emissions, high fuel efficiency and robust performance, but also features the advanced STIHL M-Tronic™ engine management system and STIHL Quickstop® Plus chain braking system. With STIHL M-Tronic™, an onboard microprocessor digitally monitors and automatically compensates for changes in your work conditions including elevation, temperature, fuel quality, varying octane levels and dirty air filters. The saw also features STIHL Quickstop® Plus, an additional chain braking feature designed to stop the chain in less than one second when you completely release the rear handle.
- Built in the USA: Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- STIHL M-Tronic™ : This product features M-Tronic™ (M) - a new generation of Intelligent Engine Management that eliminates the low and high speed carburetor adjustment screws, compensates for dirty air filter and changes in elevation and fuel quality for optimum engine power at all times.
- Pre-Separation Air Filtration System: This time-saving technology boosts the efficiency of the engine’s filter system, doubling the time between air filter cleanings. Air drawn into the engine is first separated via centrifugal force, ejecting the heavier dirt particles before being routed to the air filter. This pre-separation means less dirt to be captured by the air filter, resulting in less frequent cleaning and maintenance.
- STIHL Quickstop® Plus (Q) - an additional chain braking feature: STIHL offers an additional, manually-activated chain brake on some models. This system is designed to engage when the operator’s right hand completely releases the rear handle, stopping the chain within one second. Available on some models.
- Toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers: Simply lift the lever and twist the caps to remove or tighten. There‘s no need to use a tool to tighten or loosen.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Displacement: 50.2 cc (3.06 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 3.0 kW (4.0 bhp)
- Powerhead Weight: 5.2 kg (11.46 lb.)
- Fuel Capacity: 500 cc (16.9 oz)
- Chain Oil Capacity: 270 cc (9.13 oz)
- OILOMATIC® Chain: 26 RM3
- Guide Bar Lengths* (Recommended Ranges): 40 to 50 cm (16 in. to 20 in.) STIHL ROLLOMATIC® E
- Power Source: Gas
- 3.06 cu. in. (50.2 cc)
- Horse Power
- 4.0 bhp (3.0 kW)
- 11.46 lb. (5.2 kg)
- Bar Length Options
- 16 in. to 20 in. (40 to 50 cm)